Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Confusion...Indecisiveness...Doubt...for what? Part 1

In recent weeks I have been beating my brain, talking to several individuals whose opinions I respect very much, and I have been receiving headaches over these phrases: "Everything is up to date in Kansas City" and "Louisville Sluggers". What I'm talking about here is which seminary do I attend?

Since about late February maybe early March I was sold on the fact that I was going to attend The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. I was highly influenced to make this decision by the staff members of my home church of FBC De Soto and by faculty/staff members of Missouri Baptist University. At first of course I was not wanting to go there because that is all our religion department students talked about and I was not really too fond of that particular student body as a whole. But alas I applied, got accepted, made a deposit for housing and was very much on my way to Louisville 5 months prior to me leaving St. Louis. Now here comes the kicker.

My roommate and close friend Arthur went to Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary to pick up his brother Cody. Cody was gone on mission in the Sudan of Africa for 15 months! Upon his return, May 23rd I think, Arthur explained to me that he had a campus tour at Midwestern and that he had made the choice of going there over MidAmerica (Memphis, TN) and Southern. He continued to chatter about the whole experience and his conversation with Dr. McAlpin who is the Dean of Students of MBTS. It got me thinking and on a whim, I made an appointment that night to go have a campus tour at MBTS for the following Friday. That is where the confusion, indecisiveness, and doubt began.

To be continued...

No comments: